Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Emmy time already?

Aww, Sookie Sookie


Emmy nominations come out Thursday. If I were in charge of picking the nominees (and, God willing, one day I will be), I would pick as follows:

Best Drama:
- "Breaking Bad"
- "Mad Men"
- "Friday Night Lights"
- "Dexter"*
- "True Blood"

Best Comedy:
- "30 Rock"
- "Parks and Recreation"
- "Community"
- "Modern Family"**
- "True Blood"***

I would give "Treme" a ton of acting nominations, but I don’t think it was quite there yet for a Best Drama nod. Ironically, it will probably get nominated this year because the Emmy people have been so deeply shamed over never nominating "The Wire." This is how the entertainment industry works.

If "Two and a Half Men" gets nominated for anything, I’m boycotting this year’s awards.

What do you guys think?

* I haven’t actually seen the most recent season of Dexter, but I’ve heard its as good as the last few, and I’ve loved the last few. Its time the entire show – and not just Michael C. Hall – got some love.

** I’ve only seen a few episodes of this show, but I did enjoy it, and what’s more is it’s cool to see a really well done show become so popular, as opposed to the usual garbage that everyone watches.

*** Yes, I’m nominating it for both drama and comedy, because three years in, I honestly can’t decide which one is supposed to be. And I mean that in a good way.

5 comments:

Red said...

FNL! FNL! Seriously, if Kyle Chandler and Connie Britton don't get nominated, what's the point?

Malcolm said...

No love for "Glee"? Prepare to boycott because "Two and a Half Men" will get some nominations this year. I'm not just saying that because it's one of my favorite shows. My prediction is purely based on past history.

Liz said...

I should have done another asterisk to point out that I've never seen Glee. These were shows I think should get nominated, and I have no opinion on shows I've never seen

Red said...

As much as I like Glee, I don't think it deserves any Emmys...unless there's a "Best Music" category.

words...words...words... said...

I just realized I don't watch enough TV anymore to have an educated opinion. Poop.