Thursday, July 8, 2010

Everyone's Watching Louie, Right?

Something weird is happening on FX. Louis CK (so adorable as Leslie Knope's former boyfriend on Parks and Rec) is writing and directing a social commentary piece disguised as a comedy. It is very funny...with clips of Louie's stand-up mixed with scripted material about his life and his kids and his terrible body. But then there's stuff like the clip below, which is actually saying something in a really interesting way (WARNING: Language NSFW):



I just find things like this so interesting. It's like when Rescue Me became a theater piece for awhile last season. It's nice to see there are places on cable really pushing the envelope and "saying something." It's like it negates all the terrible things MTV has to offer on it's entire lineup.

5 comments:

Some Guy said...

I'm definitely gonna check this out now. Thanks!

Liz said...

I had heard mixed reviews on this show, but this was pretty good. Will check it out, thanks!

P.S. Word verification sucks!

BeckEye said...

That was good. I'll have to check this out. I loved him on Parks & Rec and I saw one of his stand-up shows that nearly made me pee my pants. After being Leslie's bf, I didn't expect him to be so raunchy. But he's at least raunchy AND funny, not just raunchy like a lot of stand-ups.

words...words...words... said...

That was really good. "Like auditing a class?" just killed me. I'll have to check this out, I've always liked his standup. His bit about airline travel is one of the funniest things ever.

I am realizing that I don't watch any cable shows. I should probably change that.

Semaj said...

This brilliant, I didn't check out the first two episodes but have watched the last three episodes