Thursday, September 17, 2009

Top 5: Tonight's Season Premieres

It's the most wonderful time of year...when my favorite TV shows return with new episodes. Tonight is a big night so let's break it down, Cajun Style*:

1. The Office - When we last saw the gang, Michael was mourning the loss of Holly and Pam was preggers. All that is sure to play out nicely over the season. I even heard rumors that Andy may explore his sexuality. I mean, c'mon. Dating Angela would turn Chuck Norris gay!

2. Survivor: Samoa - Every season, I make fun of myself for still watching this show, but I'm not gonna do that this time. I still watch because I watch with a bunch of friends...it's about community building, people!!! Speaking of communities...

3. Community - The newest addition to "Comedy Night Done Right" stars Joel McHale and Chevy Chase. Need I say more?

4. Parks and Recreation - People criticized this show last year for being "not funny," but I like it. Of course, that's mainly because I have uber-crushes on Aziz Ansari and Paul Schneider.

5. It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - I've tried to get into this show, like, 5 times now. The season finale last year was pretty funny and the ads for this new season make me cry with laughter, so I'm optimistic. Sixth time's a charm, right?


*This is not only a totally awesome 30 Rock reference (which, sadly, does not return tonight), but also serves to inform you I am off to New Orleans for a week tomorrow! Email me if you want a postcard!

2 comments:

The Imaginary Reviewer said...

These are all very exciting but as of today I have class on Thursday nights. So boo to that.

Anonymous said...

I HATE that they're all on the same night! Why can't we move one to like, Tuesday? WTH is on Tuesday? NOTHING. That's what's on Tuesday.