Tuesday, July 14, 2009

My Emmy Ballot

So the Emmy nominations are going to be announced on Thursday which gives me today to share what I would pick (not predict) to nominate in the drama categories out of what I actually took the time to at least watch a few episodes from last season, and then tomorrow I'll do the comedy categories.

These are ranked in order of preference. Go ahead and share your own picks in the comments. It's not that I overlooked Lost... I just made a decision early on to wait until the series was finishing up to start watching it on DVD so I may start watching season one here pretty soon.

DRAMA SERIES
1. The Shield
2. Breaking Bad
3. Dexter
4. Mad Men
5. True Blood

DRAMA ACTRESS
1. January Jones "Mad Men"
2. Anna Paquin "True Blood"
3. Elisabeth Moss "Mad Men"
4. Mary McDonnell "Battlestar Galactica"
5. Glenn Close "Damages"

DRAMA ACTOR
1. Michael C. Hall "Dexter"
2. Bryan Cranston "Breaking Bad"
3. Michael Chiklis "The Shield"
4. Damian Lewis "Life"
5. Johnny Lee Miller "Eli Stone"

DRAMA SUPPORTING ACTRESS
1. Anna Gunn "Breaking Bad"
2. Christina Hendricks "Mad Men"
3. Katee Sackhoff "Battlestar Galactica"
4. Roma Maffia "Nip/Tuck"
5. CCH Punder "The Shield"

DRAMA SUPPORTING ACTOR
1. Aaron Paul "Breaking Bad"
2. Walton Goggins "The Shield"
3. Zachary Quinto "Heroes"
4. William Hurt "Damages"
5. Nelsan Ellis "True Blood"

DRAMA GUEST ACTRESS
1. Frances Fisher "The Shield"
2. Lizzy Caplan "True Blood"
3. Sigourney Weaver "Eli Stone"
4. Krysten Ritter "Breaking Bad"
5. Taraji P Henson "Eli Stone"

DRAMA GUEST ACTOR
1. Michael J Fox "Rescue Me"
2. Bob Odenkirk "Breaking Bad"
3. Zeljko Ivanek "Heroes"
4. Stephen Root "True Blood'
5. Colin Hanks "Mad Men"

DRAMA DIRECTING
1. Michelle Maxwell MacLaren "Breaking Bad" (4 Days Out)
2. Clark Johnson "The Shield"(Family Meeting)
3. Nancy Oliver "True Blood" (To Love is to Bury)
4. Allan Arkush "Heroes" (I Am Sylar)
5. Matthew Weiner "Mad Men" (Meditations in an Emergency)

DRAMA WRITING
1. Vince Gilligan and J Roberts "Breaking Bad" (Peekaboo)
2. Shawn Ryan "The Shield" (Family Meeting)
3. Michael Angell "Battlestar Galactica" (Blood on the Scales)
4. Bryan Fuller "Heroes" (Cold Snap)
5. Rand Ravich "Life" (One)

3 comments:

Red said...

Yeah. Lost is glaringly missing. It should rack up some serious nominations after that killer, mind-bending season.

I hope True Blood gets some love. It's fast becoming my favorite show on television.

Liz said...

I love True Blood, but I would actually replace it with Lost on the Best Drama list. I think Lost has just been amazing lately.

I would also replace Johnny Lee Miller's nom with one for Michael Emmerson (Ben from Lost).

Glad to see Battlestar get some love from ya! Even though the last season wasn't as strong as others, for old times sake, it'd be nice to see it get a nod in the Best Drama category too. Will never happen though, I know.

words...words...words... said...

Astonishingly, I have never seen any of the shows mentioned in your entire ballot, save the first season of Dexter in its CBS version.

That said, since you put January Jones first in anything, your ballot is aces as far as I'm concerned.