Monday, December 14, 2009

The Sing Off Will Be Epic

Not since Clash of the Choirs have I been quite so excited about a singing show. Tonight, NBC debuts it's week long singing extravaganza of acapella groups from around the nation. Now, I'd always planned on watching, because I love a signing show, but then...THEN...I saw a preview and learned Ben Effing Folds will be one of the judges!!! OMG, how I love Ben Folds. This totally makes sense as Ben released an album of groups singing his songs acapella this year (which is amazing, btw. Definitely worth picking up.) Also involved are Nick Lachey, one of the dudes from Boys II Men (holla!) and the lead singer of the Pussycat Dolls (Meh). Basically, to sum up, I can't wait!

And speaking of awesome rock stars, The Let's Make Outs (fka No Seriously, Let's Make Out fka Let's Make Out) played our first open mic night last night and it went pretty well. Our best song is our ode to everyone's second favorite philanderer, Don Draper. We're trying to record the sure-to-be-future-hit and we'll post it here for your listening pleasure whenever we accomplish that goal.

Anyway, what about you? Are you excited for The Sing Off? Or am I alone here...as usual?

8 comments:

Liz said...

I thought Nick Lachey was the guy from 98 Degrees who briefly made an honest woman out of Jessica Simpson. Is there another one from Boys II Men?

Red said...

No, you're right. I just worded it weird. Nick Lachey is the host and the dude for Boys II Men is one of the judges.

BeckEye said...

I'm actually NOT excited about it. I have to save all of my energy for American Idol.

danielle970 said...

I saw the Let's Make Outs live with my very own eyes, and I have to say... they made me wanna make out. Awesome performance, guys!! Can't wait to see you at the next show =)

And I hate to admit this, but I've actually been looking forward to The Sing Off since I started seeing commercials for it. DVR that bad boy!

Malcolm said...

The acapella aspect of "The Sing Off" does have me intrigued. If it doesn't hold my interest, it's "Monday Night Football" time.

Malcolm said...

Wow... although I think they should have been the ones to go, I thought the "Bon Jovi" factor would have saved Face.

Anonymous said...

I heart Ben Folds. He completes me.

words...words...words... said...

I think I'll be tapping nails into my temples. But you have fun!