Tuesday, December 18, 2007

The Best Show Ever (Or This Week Anyway)

I was a bit blue when I came home tonight...just one of those days, feeling sad and lonely and missing people...then I put on Clash of the Choirs and my life (or mood anyway) was changed. A combination of American Idol and my High School showchoir, Clash of the Choirs follows 5 celebrities as they form choirs to raise money for charities in their hometowns. You've got Nick "thank God he got rid of Jessica" Lachey from Cincinnati, OH; Kelly "the OG Destiny's Child who's not Beyonce" Rowland from Houston, TX; Michael "male equivalent to Celine Dion" Bolton form New Haven, CT (which is just perfect really); Blake "adorable and hilarious country singer I'd never really heard of" Shelton from Oklahoma City, OK; and Patti "Lady Marmalade" LaBelle from Philadelphia, PA. In last nights episode, they held auditions in their hometowns and put together choirs of 20 people from all walks of life (there is a seventy year old lady and a Hurricane Katrina survivor and 2 soldiers who served in Iraq. It's very refreshing, actually, to see a reality show with normal looking people as opposed to whomever Simon Cowell deems pretty enough to be talented), then they sang Kirby Shaw arrangements to some of your favorite tunes (like George Michael's Freedom, Bon Jovi's Livin' on a Prayer) and It. Was. Awesome! (by awesome, I mean, completely cheesy and dorky and only enjoyable if you've been in a choir at some point...or if you are my grandma (that's not a slam. My grandma is really cool. She just loves singing shows)). It cheered me up, anyway, and now I am super excited to watch it all week. As of now, I'm rooting for Team Shelton because they wore green sequined dresses just like my High School. I really can be bought pretty easily.

I really have lost all credibility here, haven't I?

3 comments:

Liz said...

I haven't seen it so I can't really judge, but I saw a commercial for this show and my first thought was, "This is what happens when writers go on strike."

Falwless said...

I just love you and your unabashed so-like-me-ness.

I wish I lived in CA (I'm orig. from there, ya know!). We would most certainly be friends.

P.S. This is Carey, with an official blogger name now. Given my overwhelming popularity, it was soon before people started pretending to be me in the comments section.

Red said...

I tell Liz all the time that I wish you would come to Cali so we could all be best friends.