Big week for TV last week. Here are the new shows I find most promising (in order from best to worst):
1. Bored to Death HBO - Jason Schwartzman stars as a recently dumped writer who decides to become a private detective. It co-stars Ted Danson and Zack Galifianakis and it's funny and quirky and dark and awesome. I'm not gonna lie. My adoration for this show may be mostly based on the fact that I want to have 10,000 of Jason Schwartzman's babies. And yes, I realize he's, like, 5'2".
2. FlashForward ABC - Imagine, if you will, the entire human race blacks out for 2+ minutes and flashes 6 months into the future. What do you do with that knowledge of the future? WHAT DO YOU DO?!?!?! This one looks pretty cool and Lost-ish. I do wonder how they'll continue this story beyone one season. Will everyone black out and flash forward again? That would be retarded.
3. Castle ABC - So it's not technically "new" as it debuted last season, but it's new to me (I started watching reruns this summer) so I'm including it. Nathan Fillion is maybe the best thing on TV. So hilarious and dreamy. For the fellas, Stana Katic isn't too shabby herself.
5. Community NBC - I'm warming to this new comedy. I do really enjoy Joel McHale...and Trudy from Mad Men is adorable...and who doesn't enjoy some Chevy Chase...but I seriously don't buy the premise that Joel McHale would work so hard to persue that blond girl. She's just not that interesting. I'll give it half a season to improve.
6. Modern Family ABC - I really want to hate this show, but it made me LOL several times...even if most of those funny moments were in the trailer. (Are they still called trailers if they are for TV shows?) I love the dad who thinks he's super hip, though, and will keep watching. "WTF: Why The Face."