Wednesday, February 10, 2010

RIP Cap'n Phil

Last summer, pretty much every day I would come home from work and find The Boyfriend on the couch, watching one of the seemingly daily "Deadliest Catch" marathons on the Discovery Channel. So Phil Harris was strangely a part of my life. Arguably the gruffest in a cast full of gruff Alaskan King Crab fishing boat captains, Harris died yesterday after suffering a stroke.


I wouldn't go so far as to say, "I love me some 'Deadliest Catch,'" but having seen approximately 500 episodes of it, I feel a sense of loss here.

Pour one out, homes. Pour one out.

1 comment:

danielle970 said...

Captain Phil's passing immediately made me think of all the episodes of Deadliest Catch we used to watch when I lived with you guys. RIP, Cap'n Phil. I hope you're enjoying the giant crab boat in the sky.