Sunday, November 30, 2008

Happy Birthday, Red!!!*


The stars were aligned my friends.

First, on Nov. 18, 909 people died at Jonestown. Then, on Nov. 27, a mayor and city supervisor were assassinated in San Francisco. And then finally, on Nov. 30, 1978 the biggest event of all came to pass … publication of The Times in England was suspended due to a labor dispute.*

And Red was BORN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That’s right guys, after much, much ado, its finally here. Red’s 30th birthday. She celebrated in high style last night, painting downtown San Diego well, red.

Please join me in wishing her a Happy Birthday today. This comes but once a year. (Though the 30th might happen every year from now on. You know how that goes).


* I'm pleased to announce this is Gingers is the Watchword's 500th post!!!

** Read more fun facts about 1978 here. You know you wanna ....

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy 30th post GITW!

Happy 500th Birthday Red!

Red said...

Thank you Liz! And thanks everyone for the lovely birthday wishes!

Malcolm said...

Happy 30th Red! Since 40 is the new 30, is 30 the new 20?

danielle970 said...

Wait a minute, does that balloon say "Journey" on it?! Red, I hope you played my favorite song of all time on this day, the most momentous of birthdays.

Feliz cumpleanos, Tanti auguri di buon compleanno, and Joyeux anniversaire! (Covering all my bases.)

paperback reader said...

This is a great day for huge cakes and Journey.

And I've run out of ways to say happy birthday.

Death before Decaf! said...

Happy Birthday, Sweetness!

Miss ya,
B.

McGone said...

I'm with Pistols - I feel like I have been saying "Happy Birthday" for a month now. And as soon as we finish the float we've made in Red's honor, I'm done!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Red!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I didn't know you had a blog!... so cool.
But Lora, if you are "red," does that mean I have to be "brown?" Ah, poo.

meg :)

Mel O said...

Happy 30th Red!!! I hope you had a wonderful weekend!! Also, Congrats on the 500th post! What a great way to combine two VERY MONUMENTAL celebrations!! :)

The Imaginary Reviewer said...

Happy birthday Red! Hope you had a good one!

Mel O said...

p.s. I left you a bday post over at my blog :)