Thursday, June 25, 2009

This (mostly) Just In...

Transformers 2: Now with More Racial Stereotypes! - Apparently, the new Transformers movie has twin robots who have gold teeth, talk jive and can't read. Yet somehow, I still believe Shia can save this travesty. My devotion is truly admirable.

Dave Mathews Band: Now with More Shitty Hippie Music! - I won't lie...I liked DMB when I was, like, 18 and didn't know better. Now, I'd file the release of their new album under Things I'm Pretty Sure No One Asked For.

Red: Now with More Sunshine and Happiness! - You guys, I've decided to try and be nicer and friendlier to people (girls on my softball and trivia teams are my inspirations) because it seems sunny people have things called "friends" and "relationships with people rather than televisions." So, we'll see how that goes. I told my friend Nik of my plans to not be so gloomy and he said, "Yeah, we'll see how long that lasts." So nice to have supportive people around you, doncha think?

All my new friends and me in a month or so. I'm the lady in blue, obvs.

10 comments:

Del-V said...

Positive people are positively annoying to me.

Red's Oldest Friend said...

Aww are you an Eore? Great plan let's see how pans out in a month or so...you are great the way you are!

The Imaginary Reviewer said...

I dated a girl once who was crazy for DMB, which is quite unusual in England.

After a pretty crap relationship I split up with her in her parents' house and she hid behind the sofa, making it one of the most surreal evenings in my life (but not the most surreal. A girl called 'Weird Vicky' is responsible for that one).

Anonymous said...

You know I'm not sure I can cope with a PERKY CHEERLEADERESQUE Red... I'm not sure the world is ready. :) But I'm all for expelling the gloom.

Garney said...

That's a little harsh on the DMB seeing as how this album is for their recently deceased sax player.

I mean... I'm not gonna buy it, but still...

Red said...

You're right, G. I totally forgot about their sax player passing away. I'm already failing at being a nicer person.

Anonymous said...

So I clicked on the link of the Dave Matthews Band and came upon this gem:

http://www.hulu.com/watch/75863/late-night-with-jimmy-fallon-dave-matthews-gps

Jimmy Fallon not being able to get through a bit without cracking up over himself, who would have thunk it?

MJenks said...

Don't feel too bad, Red. He died due to chronically being overrated.

Kind of like Notre Dame football.

Jon said...

That blonde woman in front looks like she wants to fight me. I don't know if I should feel threatened or turned on....

words...words...words... said...

I'm so with you on DMB. Even if that dude died. Overrating music out of pity shouldn't be anyone's legacy.

And don't get too sunny, or you'll make the rest of us feel bad about ourselves!