Friday, January 22, 2010

This (sort of) Just In


Sorry for the lack of blogging this week. It probably has something to do with the confusion and fear Red and I are experiencing because water droplets keep falling from the sky. Seriously, I’ve lived in San Diego for more than 4 years, and I have never seen it rain this hard for this long. That’s what she said.

To make up for the absence, here are some pop culture tidbits you may not be aware of:

- Caprica starts tonight. No secret that we were big fans of Battlestar Galactica in these parts, so I’m looking forward to this prequel series. The first two episodes that they released a few months back were kind of odd, but had potential.


- Conan’s final show is tonight. A new show is born, another dies. Circle of life. Turn, turn, turn, etc. NBC’s poor decision making comes to a head tonight as Conan O’Brien hosts his final Tonight Show. Tune in and give him record ratings, just for the hell of it.


- New She & Him song! I think I like it. Stream it here.


- The Grammys are going 3-D. I’m not exactly sure how this work’s, but the Grammy Awards (Jan. 31) are doing a 3-D tribute to Michael Jackson.


- The Sundance Film Festival is happening. Just thought you might like to know.

3 comments:

BeckEye said...

I bet the 3-D Michael Jackson is going to be some crappy hologram thingy. But who knows. I don't watch the Whammys anyway.

Will be tuning in to Conan tonight to see how much money he costs NBC this time!

words...words...words... said...

Seriously, the rain. We had thunder, lightning and hail here last night. I am currently building an ark.

I was so glad that Conan brought the Masturbating Bear on last night. It was like a "this is the real me" moment. I only wish he'd also had the guys with the tasers.

Red said...

Coco was so awesome. Made me cry. Class freaking act!