Monday, April 5, 2010

This (mostly) Just In...

What's up, Monday morning people?! Hope your weekend was lovely and not full of earthquakes like ours was (actually, earthquakes in SD are rarely very destructive...they're mostly just weird. Thank goodness for that). Anyway, here's some stuff you may or may not be aware of...

Anna Paquin: Bisexual - Isn't, like, everyone under 30 bisexual these days? The best joke I've read about this story from Warming Glow: "[...]this shocking announcement has had an immediate effect on the television industry, as True Blood has halted production until Stephen Moyer recovers from exhaustion as a result of too many high-fives." Oh, marry me, Matt Ufford.

New (Steven Page Free) Barenaked Ladies Album: Just Okay - I downloaded it last night and there are some really great tracks (like the lead off song "You Run Away") and some pretty craptastic songs (like "I Have Learned"), but I love BNL and I'm sure the album will grow on me.

Baseball: Opening Day - Sure, it technically started last night with the Yankees and Red Sox facing off at Fenway, but no one cares about those teams. Today the season really begins. Everyone in the known universe is saying my Padres will finish dead last in their division...and they're probably right...but with players like Kyle Blanks and Heath Bell and Yorvit Torrealba and Adrian Gonzalez (for now), I'll enjoy watching them do it.

6 comments:

McGone said...

Yay, Opening Day! I'll tell Jake Peavy you said hello when he starts for the Sox later this week.

Too soon?

Red said...

That's cold, McGone. Ice cold.

words...words...words... said...

Yay Opening Day! Phils 11, Nats 1.

Almost enough to erase the disaster that is the Eagles.

Okay, still not enough.

Anonymous said...

I think a certain Lizard would beg to differ. Adrian will certainly look good in red and white.

Liz said...

I'm taking the high road, Blah :)

Malcolm said...

It's hard to imagine Steven not being a part of BNL. Knowing he is gone has me more intrigued to hear their new one.

The Yanks and The Sox... if we were to believe ESPN, you'd think they were the only teams in MLB. I am more hopeful than many around here about The Tigers' chances for doing anything. It helps that we play in a sorry division. All I ask is that they don't put me through another 1-game playoff like last season.