Here's what's on my mind on this lame Monday.
Why the face?
- Maybe the ridonkulus play call in last night's Patriots/Colts game was just Bill Belichick thinking long-term. This way, if/when the Patriots meet the Colts in the playoffs, the Colts will be caught off guard when the Pats manage to actually hold a 17 point lead against them late in a game. It's possible. Right? RIGHT?!?!?!
- I’m mad at Microsoft right now, in a things-that-turn-me-into-a-feminazi kind of way. They’ve got these new ads where PC users talk about how great it is that they can write into Micrsoft with improvement ideas, and Bill Gates’ Minions actually use their suggestions. The first commercial was kind of funny because it had a slightly doughy, pasty guy remembering coming up with his idea in the shower, but in his “memory” he’s a much better looking guy. So they did this with a girl, except in this case – of course – it’s a super cute girl, “remembering” herself as an even more super cute girl. God, how hard is it to just put an average looking girl on TV?!?! We need love too, you know.
- Can someone explain to me what the large hadron collider does? In 50 words or less, without boring me to tears? No, probably not.
- One of the big arguments against a national healthcare system is that it takes forever to see a specialist and get treatment. Seeing as its going to be about 5 weeks from when I got a sinus infection to when I can actually see a damn doctor, I’m not really seeing how that would be any different.
- Cold pizza on a Monday morning is awesome. Never let anyone tell you differently.