Friday, September 28, 2007

Ryan Adams is Crazy

Apparently, Ryan Adams freaked out at a show in Minneapolis last night, four years after the first time he freaked out in Minneapolis, because the sound during his concert was not to his liking. Now, I understand sound is very important when giving a concert. It's kinda all about the sound, really, and if the sound sucks, the concert sucks, but as a musician it's something you will have to deal with from time to time. I imagine Ryan Adams spent years playing crappy clubs with terrible sound and some how managed to make it through. He also has a habit of bitching out reporters who give him negative reviews. The man is crazy.

I think the thing that really gets me on this one is it's RYAN ADAMS. Raise your hand if you can name one Ryan Adams song. I think musicians (and filmmakers and artists) lose sight of the fact that art must have an audience or it's kinda pointless. It's one thing to create art as a form of artistic expression or release, but if no one cares, no one cares (which totally makes sense in my head).

I actually like Ryan Adams. He is a good songwriter and producer, but he needs to stop being a nutter and play for chrissakes!

3 comments:

Liz said...

I always get him confused with Brian Adams. I think it'd be even funnier if Brian Adams had a meltdown on stage.

Nooch said...

As I was reading this post Ryan Adam's song "Gonna make you love me" came on my ipod. Creepy

steckarrr said...

It's kinda like when Chan Marshall from Cat Power has a meltdown, except she doesn't perform at all, and walks off stage, and people say "Awww, that so cute! She's shy."