Monday, September 24, 2007

Top 5: TV Premiere Week - Monday


The new fall season semi-officially kicks off this week (some shows started last week...like America's Next Top Model - my guiltiest pleasure - and Gossip Girl - which I DVR'd and think I'm too old for). Rumor has it there is something called "football" on Monday nights, but here's what I'll be watching and DVRing tonight:

Chuck: A spy/comedy/beta-male fantasy which looks worth checking out. NBC really wants me to watch it, too. Chuck himself keeps pop-ing up on ew.com to tell me to watch the show (I find this very annoying and may skip the show on principle just to teach NBC a lesson, i.e. don't get between me and my entertainment news...I'm sure it will devastate their ad revenue...I have that much TV watching power).

Heroes: I liked the first season enough, but if it doesn't get truly great this season, I may have to cut it from the line up. Unless Kristen Bell gets more air time then Hayden Panettiere...then it will become my Monday night staple.

How I Met Your Mother: I really expected this show to be crap, but it's become one of my favorites. Neil Patrick Harris is one of the funniest people on TV. Mandy Moore and Enrique Iglesias guest star on tonight's episode...which seems dangerously close to entering Will and Grace guest star overload...but hopefully, the rest of the season will be more about the gang and less about the guest stars.

Journeyman: A time travel show (can't really go wrong there) starring a Scotsman. I love the influx of Brits/Irish/Scots/Kiwis/Aussies on my TV lately. They seem so interesting and funny and handsome. Foreign is so hot right now.

No Reservations: So it's not a season premiere, but it IS new and it's what I'll be watching tonight...and I've already told you I am obsessed with Bourdain. What do you want from me?!?!?

2 comments:

Liz said...

I watched Gossip Girl and thought it was dull. I might be too old for it too. I almost posted a review and didn't even find it inspring enough for that.

Garney said...

How I Met Your Mother is the only good show on TV with a laugh track.