Thursday, September 6, 2007

See This...


I know I'm a little late on the bandwagon, but I just saw Once this weekend and love, love, loved it. Set in Dublin, it's a modern day musical about a Guy and a Girl who meet and make beautiful music together...in a completely non-cliche way. The Guy is a busker/Hoover vacuum repairman. The Girl meets him on the streets and they become fast friends when he repairs her vacuum. Turns out, she can play the piano and they sound really lovely when they sing together, so they bond and hang out and complications keep them from anything more. Shot mostly with a handheld, digital camera, Once feels like a documentary with a killer, Damien Rice-esque soundtrack. Go see it immediately, if not sooner.

1 comment:

Liz said...

I've been wanting to see this for like 4 months! It's been at the Hillcrest theatre forever and I haven't gotten around to it. Perhaps I'll drag Nick this weekend.