Wednesday, April 15, 2009

This (mostly) Just In...

ABC to Air Pushing Daisies Finale - Beginning May 30, ABC will air the final 3 episodes of GitW favorite Pushing Daisies on Saturday nights. Finally, we can see how things turn out for the pie maker and his undead love.

Oral Sex Linked Cancer - Sorry fellas. Since most of you are now HPV carrier monkeys, scientists say you can transfer the cancer causing virus to your partners in...how do I put this delicately...multiple orifices. As Miranda woulds say, "Use a condom!"

Further Proof Twitter is Lame - An new study shows Twitter can numb people's sense of morality and compassion, as it takes more time for the brain to process such emotions than an interface like Twitter allows. Sounds like a bit of a stretch, but any excuse to bag on Twitter works for me.

Harry Potter and the Ever Changing Release Date - Originally due out last fall, Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince will finally open on July 15th. Get your wands ready! (I have no idea what that's meant to mean.)

It's Tax Day - I always file my taxes in, like, February so I often forget Tax Day, but if you still need to file, you might want to get on that pronto!

8 comments:

McGone said...

Lots of Pushing Daisies news today, including plans for it's afterlife. It's almost as if it were touched by Ned!

I started watching Wonderfalls for the umpteenth time again this weekend. God bless Lee Pace and Bryan Fuller.

Liz said...

God guys, take a shower once in a while!

(Do showers even get rid of HPV? Probably not. I don't know).

Del-V said...

I’m sure I'll die from cirrhosis long before I die from oral sex cancer. I get alcohol pretty often.

Falwless said...

You crack me up. Get your wands ready! (I have no idea what that's meant to mean.) HA!

words...words...words... said...

I'd say sometimes oral sex is worth a little cancer. Especially since she's getting it and not me.

And I'm so glad to hear that the last three Pushing Daisies episodes will air. It's really a shame how the writer's strike killed that show. It was doing pretty well in the first season.

d said...

Wow. Just when I thought nothing would make me feel better about being celibate these days.

Valley Girl said...

Rut roh. I missed that oral sex story. Hm.

Malcolm said...

On the downside, the remaining episodes of "Pushing Daisies" don't wrap up anything. On the plus side, Warner Brothers has given the thumbs up to Bryan Fuller to produce comic books that will provide proper closure for fans. If only ABC had done a better job of getting the word out about "Pushing Daisies" (instead of promoting the hell out of established hits like "Lost" and "Desperate Housewives"), it may have actually survived a couple of more seasons.