Monday, January 28, 2008

Top 5: Things I'm Loving Right Now


I had a dream last night that Justin Timberlake called and asked me out on a date to the symphony. It was pretty awesome and put me in a really good mood, and got me thinking of some other things that make me happy right now:

1. Daniel Day Lewis - On last night's SAG awards, DDL dedicated his award to Heath Ledger. He seems really shaken up about the death of someone he didn't even know (I hear he had a similar experience when on the Oprah show) and it makes him so human and wonderful. I can't wait to hear is Oscar acceptance speech.

2. Breaking Bad - A new show on AMC about a 50 year old Chemistry teacher who learns he has lung cancer and decides to put his chemistry skills to work cooking crystal meth. It stars the awesome Bryan Cranston (of Malcolm in the Middle) and is a seriously dark comedy...kinda like Weeds, with your high school chemistry teacher instead of cheery Mary-Louise Parker...but in a good way.

3. The Feeling: 12 Stops and Home - The debut album from the UK pop artists is so much fun. I've been rocking out to this album for a couple months now and I still can't get enough.

4. Project Runway - The competition is getting fierce (as sprightly Christian loves to say) and it's turning out to be one of the most talented groups of any season of PR. At this point, I think Christian and Rami are shoe-ins for the finals. Jillian is promising if she can manage her time better and Sweet P is really showing some great clothes lately. I love Chris, but think he and Ricky will fall short in the end. Makes for some fun and interesting TV.

5. 101 Cookbooks - I love to cook and lately I've been finding serious inspiration from this website. I recently became a pseudo-vegetarian and the recipes on 101 Cookbooks are all vegetarian or vegan and most are super healthy. I could think of worse ways to start cooking in the New Year.

What things are you loving right now?

5 comments:

Garney said...

Great list.

I love 12 Steps! Did I recommend The Feeling to you or did you find them on your own? The first half of that album is absolute gold. The second half is good too but the first half is where the magic is found. Sewn, Never Be Lonely, and Fill My Little World are all amazingly catchy songs that are impossible to get sick of.

This comment originally mistakenly applied to previous post, then deleted.

Red said...

My favorite tracks are Kettle's On and Love It When You Call, but yes, the whole album is great.

Sorry. You don't get credit for telling me about them :)

Liz said...

Daniel Day - Lewis' speech was really touching. It seemed heart-felt. Of course he is a pretty good actor, but I think it was sincere.

I'm not loving much right now due to budget constraints and allergies. But hopefully I'll be able to recomend some good stuff soon.

Garney said...

I'm kinda bummed that my impersonation of Daniel Plainview isn't on this list... or at least my impersonation of Neil Diamond singing Fake Plastic Trees in America

Red said...

They are on the list in my heart. Problem is, I can't share those things with everyone...which really is a shame...