Tuesday, July 1, 2008

This (mostly) Just In...

Arrested Development: Coming Soon to a Theater Near You - Garney said he performed Gob's chicken dance when he heard this news. I, on the other had, started imagining Ron Howard narrating my life...which is awesome.

Amy Ryan: Back in The Office - Amy Ryan will return to The Office as a love interest for Michael Scott for multiple episodes next season (I'm happy to see she got McNulty out of her system (though, how anyone could get over McNulty is beyond me)). This is good news, because Amy Ryan is cool, but they have to bring Toby back at some point, right? I mean, The Office without Toby is like a night without alcohol...totally no fun.

Bill Murray: Officially Back on the Market - Don't think I wouldn't marry him in a heartbeat. So, his wife got the kids and the house in South Carolina. Bill got the house in Hemet! Let me explain it this way: People who can't afford to live in LA or SD, live in Temecula. People who can't afford to live in Temecula, live in Hemet. WTF is Bill Murray doing with a house in Hemet?!? This is the mystery of the ages.

Kansas City BBQ: Destroyed by Fire - You may be thinking, "Why do I care if some shitty restaurant in San Diego burned?" Well, my friend, you care because you love Top Gun and KC BBQ is the site where Goose plays Great Balls of Fire on the piano (I could only find a Spanish dubbed version, but truthfully, I didn't look very hard). Sad, sad day for cinematic history...

Finally, The Decemberists have a song they'd like you to hear:



Oh! And Happy Canada Day, you Canadians. You're so cute with your little holidays.

8 comments:

Garney said...

It pronounced uh-nowl-ruh-pist.

feathers said...

no more Kansas City BBQ?!?!?!?!? I am crying! well, not literally... but inside I'm crying! A true loss for San Diego, second only to when I moved a year ago. sniff, sniff

Garney said...

made famous and ended from great balls of fire

Falwless said...

Those Canadians. That's just precious, "Canada Day." Seriously, how cute. Happy America's Hat day!

I feel like I should know who Amy Ryan is but I do not.

Liz said...

I just realized that that was Amy Ryan in the season finale of the Office. I'm a little slow.

Happy July (July-y-y-y-y)

BeckEye said...

I keep thinking Amy Ryan is that chick from "The Butterfly Effect." Her name is Amy something. Uhh, isn't it?

SMART!

Amy Smart. I wasn't saying I was smart. But it just came to me. I knew that knowledge was in there. Oh, my little pea brain just keeps on keepin' on.

Canada Day is so made up. Just think about it. If we had "America Day" people would think that was just something that Dubya made up. I could just hear him..."Let's all celebratize Uhmerricuh Day."

nick mccann said...

KC BBQ was some of the worst BBQ in San Diego. Finding that out was sad in of itself.

paperback reader said...

I can't believe their quaint little ideas that they're important.