Thursday, October 1, 2009

The List: Vol. 4

Some things I've been digging lately...

Movie - The Hurt Locker: The story of bomb dismantlers in Iraq starring the hotness that is Jeremy Renner. I enjoyed the character development...which is actually minimal. Really, the film is about American heroes doin' work. And who would have guessed the best action director in America would be female? Grrl Powa!!! I don't think this is still in theaters, so look for it on DVD soon.

TV - Curb Your Enthusiasm: Christ almighty is Larry David hilarious. The Seinfeld cast begins showing up this week. I can't wait!

Book - The Girls from Ames by Jeffery Zaslow: The real life story of 11 women who've been friends since childhood, growing up in the small town of Ames, Iowa. It made me laugh and cry and realize how special friendships between women truly are.

Music - Phoenix: Liz hooked me up recently with 2 albums by this French pop band and I Cannot. Stop. Listening.

Blog - APOCALYPSTICK: I've spent the entire morning reading the hilarious posts by this would be actress in LA (errr...I mean, I've been working super hard, boss!). Seriously funny stuff. Che-che-che-che-check it out...on non-company time, obvs.

8 comments:

Andra said...

True story...I have been to Ames, Iowa. Actually, I think you have been there too, Red!:)

Red said...

Really? Man, all those towns in the Midwest run together for me. Except Arthur, NE. I totally remember that place.

BeckEye said...

Okay, I am not a fan of remixes, but you MUST hear the 25 Hours a Day remix of Phoenix's "Long Distance Call." It is so much better than the original version, and that's a rarity. I can hook you up with it if you want.

I mean, no RIAA, I can do no such thing!

Dr Zibbs said...

Curb Yours is the best.

Andra said...

Haha! Actually, we went back to Arthur, NE, last year, and...surprise, surprise! It looked exactly the same!:)

Sid said...

I can't stand curb your enthusiasm. Can't stand it!!!

Brand New said...

Ok put your Femi-Nazi hat back in the closet. How in the hell are friendships between girls so "special"? An important friend is an important friend - be it guy or girl.

And Yes I said girls and not women. That was intentional.

Red said...

Oh god. Obviously all friends are special, but there is scientific evidence that friendships between women are important and beneficial. Women with close female friends are happier, live longer, have better marriages, etc. These are things you'd know if you read the book.

And you can't really say the friendships you have with women (or girls) are the same as your friendships with men. I mean, c'mon!