Wednesday, October 7, 2009

This (mostly) Just In...

I realized last night I've been kind of obnoxious lately. This happens regularly...I start being mouthy and annoying people (mostly myself) and I have to reign it in and say to myself "What would Joan Holloway do?" and I think we all know the answer to that...be lovely and shut the eff up! Then people start liking me again (I think). Anyway, today I will try not to ruffle any feathers. Let's see how that goes...

It's Fall! - There's definitely a nip in the San Diego air and if Facebook statuses are to be believed, it's chilly just about everywhere. This is so exciting! Autumn is by far my favorite season (yes, we do have seasons in SoCal...sorta). The other three seasons can suck it!

It's Baseball Playoff Time! - What a tiebreaker game last night! I'm rooting for the Twins because they are the only team I don't hate.

South Park Debuts New Season Tonight! - After 13 seasons, it's still one of the funniest things on TV. Waaaaay better than Family Guy. That show totally sucks.

Australia to Curb Alcohol Consumption! - Aussies attending a popular car race will be limited to only 24 beers a day. Only! Good Lord, that's a lot of beer. I can't recall the highest number of beers I've consumed in one day, but I'm sure it wasn't even close to half of that. New goal! (kidding! Please don't send me concerned emails about my drinking habits.)

Happy Wednesday, friends. Halfway to the three day weekend (assuming your job grants you a day off for the worst Federal Holiday by a mile)!

5 comments:

BeckEye said...

You believe Facebook statuses? Mine are usually jibberish or song lyrics.

Anonymous said...

Obnoxious, you? Surely not!

And thanks for the heads up about South Park! I can't believe the quality of that show year after year. Plus it's fun waiting to see what the hell they can possibly do to outgross us this year. Every year the ante is just that little bit higher.

Of course, up here it probably won't air till Friday. Or some other time.

Liz said...

There are people out there who get Columbus Day off? Reason #316 that I need a new job ...

words...words...words... said...

Are encouraging emails about your drinking habits okay?

Red said...

Of course! Obviously!