Here's a few thoughts and observations swirling in my head on this lovely hump day:
- The big headline across Monday’s Wall Street Journal was “Colleagues Finger Billionaire.” Were there no 12-year-olds in the Journal offices to explain how that headline was hilariously inappropriate?
- There’s an ad that always pops up in my Yahoo! email inbox that says, “Find black singles in your area!” We all know that these companies have software that reads our emails so they can better tailor ads to our tastes, so I’m wondering what in my email is causing this ad to keep popping up? Maybe it’s related to my Salt N Pepa Fan Club membership.
- Seriously though, I do love Salt N Pepa.
- A few months back, my boyfriend was looking into starting his own business, but the bank wouldn’t give him a loan. The loan officer said, “Don’t you have a rich uncle or something who can give you the money?” It got me wondering, is it really that common to have a rich uncle who will lend you money? Like, is this the big secret to getting rich that all these so-called "self-made" millionaires aren’t telling us? If so, guess I'll never be rich.
- The Yankees are totally winning the World Series this year. I know - Vom. It.
- Have you guys been watching ESPN’s "30 for 30" documentaries? I mentioned them once before in this long, rambling blog entry. They’re really good though. I didn’t know anything about the USFL until last night, and now I’m mad at Donald Trump for killing it. Bandit Ball looked rad!
- I occasionally write music reviews for this Web site. We’re compiling a Top 100 albums of the decade list, and all us contributors had to compile our own Top 100 lists. Here’s my personal Top 10:
1. Arcade Fire – Funeral
2. Radiohead – Kid A
3. The Postal Service – Give Up
4. Sufjan Stevens – Come on, Feel the Illinois
5. Rilo Kiley – The Execution of all Things
6. Wilco – Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
7. Bright Eyes – Lifted or…
8. The White Stripes – Elephant
9. Death Cab for Cutie – The Photo Album
10. The New Pornographers – Twin Cinema
Prove me wrong, nerds!