Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Singles Awareness Day!

There is a vicious rumor going around that today is some kinda of "holiday" for couples and lovers. Garney sent me an email wishing me a Happy Valintimes Day (or something like that). I have no idea what he's talking about (crazy kid). As far as I know, today is Singles Awareness Day (or SAD), where single people all across the world celebrate the awesomeness of never sharing the remote, watching Project Runway marathons without interruption or complaint, dancing in their underwear to the latest awesome pop single and spending their time and money any way they damn well please. Maybe couples are just jealous and decided to create some lame holiday of their own. Good luck finding a Hallmark card for that!

7 comments:

Garney said...

Is it okay to give my wife tickets for us to see Margaret Cho this weekend for Singles Awareness Day? I also wrote her a poem and we were going to watch Breakfast at Tiffany's tonight... well I am aware that she is the single greatest woman alive so I guess it all works out.

Red said...

I guess, but she might find it odd. You'll have to explain that Valentoones holiday to her. See if she gets it.

Anonymous said...

Is it "sad" that i sent myself a Vermont Teddy Bear? Its the nurse one . . . does that make it any better? The best part is that im going to expense it to our morale budget in the office and i bet nobody will notice . . .
YAY!

Annie

Falwless said...

YAY! SINGLES AWARENESS DAY IS SUPER AWESOME!

HAPPY SAD! HAPPY SAD!

feathers said...

happy SAD!! To celebrate I am definately planning an underwear dance before i use snuggle in for LOST!

Nooch said...

Another name for Singles Awareness Day is FreedomFest'08. Everyone go to the bar and get really drunk.

Heidi said...

AMEN