Thursday, October 18, 2007

About Approved Time Wasters


I have a lot of time on my hands lately. I mean, A LOT. So rather than be completely bored, I've been trolling the web looking for links to add under our Approved Time Wasters and I thought I'd tell you a bit about them all (click on the links to the left to see more):

[redacted] - I love the whole "asshole guy" thing. I can't help it. I think it's funny. The guy who writes this site is hilarious. And his blog title makes me think of one of the all time best episodes of The Office (I don't know if he chose "redacted" because of that episode, but he's cooler in my mind if he did).

Everything Is Wrong With Me (or Jason Mulgrew) - Very similar to [redacted], but a bit more all over the place. Read this post. I'll send you $5 if you don't laugh out loud (and also write you off as a human being because you obviously have zero sense of humor. Sorry. The truth hurts sometimes).

Garney's Blog - Garney is a friend (and sometime GITW commenter) who writes the most comprehensive pop culture blogs, complete with funny/interesting links galore. He doesn't post often, but when he does, it's worth the wait.

Go Fug Yourself - Two girls making fun of celebs and fashion. Liz turned me onto them and I check their site probably 50 times everyday. Laugh out loud funny (which is sometimes a problem when I'm at work).

Josh Wolk - He writes for EW. I googled him after a hilarious Top Chef recap on ew.com and found his own blog. Fun stories about living in NYC.

Pink Hat Nation - Our other blog about sports. Mostly about the Padres and the Chargers and the Red Sox. Dave and Liz write some really funny stuff over there.

Pop Watch - I get 90% of my news from this site...which is kinda sad when you think about it...

The Hype Machine - I just found this one today. It all the songs currently posted on blogs all around the internet. You can listen to just about anything in it's entirety (not just the 30 seconds Itunes decides to give you) and it includes some pretty cool covers I've never seen anywhere else. You can also just listen to lists of songs and find a ton of cool new stuff and create playlists of stuff you like. I'm hooked already.

The Recalcitrant Beagle - Another friend. Brennan and I used to share an office before he moved to Texas. His vocabulary and way with words makes me green with envy.

I'll add more as I find things I think are funny and/or interesting. Suggestions are always welcome. Lord knows, I've got time to kill...

4 comments:

Liz said...

This is awesome but you should put links to these things! I'm too lazy to punch [redacted] into my Google toolbar.

Liz said...

Oh wait, they're listed on the side of our site. As always, I'm an idiot.

Nooch said...

Wow Liz and I thought I was slow.

Garney said...

I left our laptop in Florida and just got it back today so I have not been online in over a week.

I used to blog once a week then once every other week and now it's becoming a monthly thing.

My Fall TV post should be up before the end of the week.

Thanks for the shoutout.