Thursday, October 25, 2007

The Bee Movie Hype Must Stop!

When I first heard about Jerry Seinfeld's Bee Movie, I thought it looked pretty sweet, and when Jerry dressed up as a giant bee at Cannes, I thought it was really awesome (I actually thought Bee Movie was a live action movie where Jerry and Chris Rock dressed in giant bug costumes. In hindsight, this is a much better idea then another animated movie about bugs). Next, the hardcore advertising kicked in. It started with mini-shorts called TV Juniors (or something) during the commercial breaks of 30 Rock (where Seinfeld appeared as a guest star...and mentioned he has new movie coming out about, oh, 20 times). Last night, during the World Series, I saw Jerry's own HP commercial where he pitches Bee Movie not once, but twice, in 30 seconds. I am so done with this movie and it hasn't even come out yet! Someone please tell the marketing department of Dreamworks market saturation is not the way to go...unless, of course, your goal is to annoy the hell out of people.

4 comments:

Nooch said...

I want to throw things at my tv every time I see a promo for that damn bee movie... glad I am not alone in my feelings.

Dave Harrington said...

We haven't really noticed this "incessant promotion" you speak of.

Sincerely,

Frank TV Production Team

Garney said...

Bee Movie from Dreamworks opens this Friday.

Just thought you might want to know.

Red said...

Very funny...