Monday, October 1, 2007

Celebrate Your Freedom


It's Banned Books Week! I can't tell you how many "Banned Books" I've read...and they are usually my favorites (who doesn't like a little extra naughtiness?). Banning (or challenging) books is obviously ridiculous and really just makes people want to read them more. Most are banned for the craziest reasons - I read today, Black Beauty was banned in South Africa during apartheid because it has the word "black" in the title...racists are such morons.

Seems most books today are challenged due to homosexual content. I realize I live in California (and have a gay roommate), so my views on homosexuality are different then many, but I'm still shocked when I realize homosexuality is considered a threat to American society (Too bad Osama isn't gay...we'd defiantly have killed him by now). So to celebrate the week, I'm gonna pick up And Tango Makes Three and enjoy thinking for myself...

2 comments:

Liz said...

I'm seriously considering buying some banned books merchandise. What do you think - the pin? The tote bag? The bracelet?

Red said...

They are all cool