Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Bruce is Magic

Looks like FM 94.9 petition to bring Bruce Springsteen to San Diego wasn't successful. Seeing him play live is still one of my life goals (and by "life goals" I mean a list of stuff I really want to see/do before I die. This list is in my head. It changes at whim).

Anyway, in this time of trouble, we could all use a little Bruce. I've wanted to write about his new album, Magic, with the E Street Band, for awhile now because it's awesome. Very reminiscent of their early stuff together...makes you feel good while it delivers a really powerful (albeit left wing) message (there's a reason my Republican friends won't listen to him (yes, I have Republican friends. They need friends, too. Even if most of them have no heart (I probably just alienated our huge Republican fan base. I hate when I do that!))) If I had to pick, I'd say my favorite tracks are I'll Work For Your Love and the title track, but the whole album is fantastic...a rare find these days.

I realize some people (Liz) don't "get" Springsteen and that's cool, but he's made my smoky days a little better this week. Maybe it can do the same for you.

2 comments:

Liz said...

I've told you I'm open to hearing Born to Run, et al. Maybe we can do a swap - your hard drive for some Bruce?

Red said...

Sounds like a deal