Friday, October 12, 2007

Nerd Alert!

I am a geek (you are shocked, I'm sure). I embrace the label with gusto, but I've always drawn the line with certain things. RPGs? No thanks. Rock Collections? I'll pass. Star Trek? Only if there is nothing else on and it's raining outside (so pretty much never, as I live in San Diego and it's 72 everyday).

So, I'm kinda weirded out that I am super excited about the new Star Trek movie coming out late next year. J.J. Abrams is directing (I'm a huge Felicity fan and his Mission Impossible was my favorite) and word this week is Eric Bana, Jon Cho and my current celeb crush, Simon Pegg, are all joining the cast, which already includes Zachary Quinto (aka Sylar from Heroes) playing Spock (run-on sentence much?). Sounds fantastic. The movie doesn't come out until Christmas of '08 and I wish I could see it tomorrow.

I've only seen 2 or 3 of the other 10 Star Trek movies and I remember liking them (I think Shatner is pretty hilarious), but I've never been excited to see them. It's an odd feeling and further proof I am a complete nerd.

No comments: