Wednesday, October 17, 2007

I wish I fell down a well

Honestly, my biggest memory of the whole Baby Jessica saga is my brother asking my grandmother how the kids playing with Jessica told her parents she’d fallen down the well, and my grandmother speculated they said, “Ding dong dell, baby’s in the well.”

And people wonder why I’m odd.


Anyway, it was 20 years ago that little Jessica McClure fell down an old well in her family’s back yard in Texas, setting off a media frenzy. Apparently all the money people donated to her family was put in a trust fund that will be available to her when she’s 25 (she’s 21 now) and it’s worth $1 million! Some girls get all the luck.


3 comments:

Red said...

Just wait. The next big scheme will be parents pushing their kids in wells to collect big money...

Red said...

And your grandma sounds awesome!

Nooch said...

Let's push her down another well and take her money.