Tuesday, April 15, 2008

If America Got it Right: Top 7

Okay. I've been in a crap mood for what seems like forever (and then someone, who shall remain nameless, said my Happy Tax Day post from earlier today was a bit C-U-Next-Tuesday-ish. Jerk face), but then David Cook sang my all time favorite Mariah Carey song and I am giddy (I really am such a simple girl).

Mariah Carey night was awesome for the guys...not so much for the ladies (does anyone else think Mariah was totally Low Self-Esteem Girl in high school? I think that's why I find her so endearing). Here's who should be in the bottom 3 tonight:

Brooke White - Her version of Hero was really pitchy and she totally effed up the piano accompaniment. I think she'll be okay, though, for fully admitting she was out of her element.





Kristy Lee Cook - I thought she sounded really good (it was her best week for me, dawg), but she's still out of her league here.






Syesha Mercado - Her vocal was pitchy and she's still really unlikable. Thank God she didn't talk much this week, but I feel even Mariah doesn't really like her. Hopefully, this is her week to be sent home. Finally.



I wouldn't be surprised to see Carly Smithson in the bottom 3 (and maybe even go home because people really seem to dislike her...which I seriously don't get), but she doesn't deserve to be in the bottom 3.

The Best - Vocally, David Archuleta. I don't really like the style of music he sings, but the boy is incredibly talented. My favorite, though, was David Cook (he really needs a nickname. Maybe "Dream Lover" as an homage to Mariah and his frequent appearance in my dreams? Too crazy?) .

Song I'd Sing This Week - Honestly, I thought about this all week (yes, my life is that sad) and I was gonna say Always Be My Baby, but then David Cook sang his awesome version and I wouldn't want to take that away, so I'll say We Belong Together.

Comment away, Idol lovers (and if you have a potential nickname for David Cook, I'd love to hear it).

7 comments:

BeckEye said...

Sugar Cookie? Cookie Monster? I don't know.

I'm really not a Mariah fan anymore, but I would totally sing "Someday," and dedicate it to a certain asshole who ruined me for all men. At least between the ages of 19 - 24.

Falwless said...

Okay, last night was the last straw.

Ahem.


I, Falwless, on this 16th day of April in the year of our Lord 2008 do hereby relinquish schoolgirl crush on sensitive hippie American Idol hopeful (and possible communist?) Jason Castro. Further, I newly pledge my allegiance to the smokin' hot Cook Caravan. Being of sound mind and body, I hereby swear to trash talk all other AI contestants and their respective song choices, appearance, and overall poor judgment at life. By hook or by crook, from here on out it's David Cook.

Signed,
Falwless

Red said...

That's fine, Fal, but remember, I got dibs.

Falwless said...

Of course. Bros before hos, bitch.

I don't think that made sense, but whatever.

Garney said...

I've said it before (and I'll probably end up saying it again), but Brooke's going home. I have to be right eventually.

I think she'll be joined in the bottom 3 by Kristy and Carly.

I would've done a hard rock version of Honey.

Until David fixed his hair, I was calling him Combover Cook, but fortunately for him that nickname doesn't apply any more.

BeckEye said...

Fal, yo fickle ho.

I have picked up your slack and jumped aboard the Castro express. We'll miss you! The weed is great!

Of course, Michael may be absent from the show but he is never absent from my heart. I'm merely "supporting" Jason. I will never give myself to another AI contestant.

feathers said...

i'd sing 'I Don't Wanna Cry"...


I would say "Hero" but i already sang that one in 8th grade for a really fabulous competition called Kids in Koncert. Perhaps you've heard of it.... no? Well it has a lot of cachet in South Florida among middle schoolers! )

I won me $500 singing that song!