Monday, March 31, 2008

Daily Rant: Leave David Cook Alone!!!!!



I am thisclose to posting a crazy You Tube video for him. After a week long tirade from Chris Cornell fans about Cook's use of Cornell's version of Billie Jean (Cornell said he liked it), some band called Doxolgy issued a press release saying they want credit for David Cook's arrangement of Eleanor Rigby. I'm all for artists getting their due, but give the guy a break. David Cook isn't taking credit for these arrangements. Sure, maybe Idol needs to do a better job acknowledging who arranges these songs (because, newflash, someone arranges ALL of the Idol songs...not just David Cook's), but it's Idol/Nigel Lythgoe's responsibility to ensure these artists get credit...not some contestant who's just trying to win a singing competition. David doesn't host the show. He just sings. So, America, lay off! I'm just sayin'.

7 comments:

Falwless said...

I dare you to post a Chris Crocker-ish YouTube tirade. I'll even donate for production costs.

Red said...

Oh man. I hate to turn down a dare, but I don't have a webcam and by the time I got one, this whole story would be over, and if there's one thing I hate, it's being irrelevant (However, if there's one thing I love, it's commas).

Falwless said...

I LOVE COMMAS, TOO!!!!!!!!111

Do the coincidences ever end??!!?!?

Red said...

God, I hope not...

BeckEye said...

I hope you have enough black eyeliner.

You should hear the stories about my man. People were saying that he screwed over his old band, tried to steal their songs and pass them off as his own, etc etc. Well, thank God for cached web pages because I think I finally pieced the whole thing together. My sweetie probably didn't act as honorably as David Archuleta OBVIOUSLY would given the choice between his own solo career or sticking it out with the band who got him noticed, but he didn't do anything a million other wannabe rockers probably haven't done. And he never stole any damn songs! LEAVE MICHAEL JOHNS ALONE!!!

Shit, now I'm out of eyeliner.

Garney said...

Oh Red... the only person I know who's a bigger David Cook fan than you is David Cook.

feathers said...

next time David sings someone else's arrangement of a song (probably TONIGHT!) I want him to wear that bands t-shirt!! Just as a "Holla, thx for the great arrangement!"

please do a crazy YouTube tirade!!!! DOUBLE DOG DARE YA!!!