Monday, March 24, 2008

No Taxation, Period

With tax season upon us, here's a film about taxes and how we don't really have to pay them. Basically, Aaron Russo interviews ex-IRS agents and examines US law, only to discover there is no law requiring people to pay taxes. It's a pretty interesting film and a very interesting subject. I already filed my taxes (and got my return...and bought a new TV) so I can't take advantage of this information (and by "take advantage" I mean refuse to pay your taxes, spend years in your later life battling the IRS, only to win a court case, but lose everything you own), but maybe you can. Don't say I never gave you anything.



Yes, it's a full length film.

8 comments:

doorknob_dan said...

Wait a sec, didn't I post a comment a little while back about this? Told ya!

Well, I'm not sure entirely - I have to watch this movie tonight.

Red said...

Did you? I don't remember that, but at this point you could have told me you were Prince Harry's lover and I'd have forgotten. My brain is not working lately.

Falwless said...

NO TAXATION WITHOUT REPRESENTATION!!

NO TAXATION WITHOUT REPRESENTATION!!


It is still 1774, right?

Liz said...

This reminds me, I should probably do my taxes huh? I'm so glad George Bush got re-elected and is giving me a few extra hundred bucks. Take that public schools, Mama's payin' off some debt!

doorknob_dan said...

I watched this whole movie last night.

Whoa. I knew about the Fed and the income tax not being an actual law, but whoa. Whoa. Heavy.

Red said...

Whoa is right!

I love that the only person who actually watched it was the Canadian. God bless America :)

doorknob_dan said...

We're probably the country that has the most to lose, that's why. Haha.

Jon said...

Holy crap, is it June already?