Tuesday, March 25, 2008

This (mostly) Just In...

Your semi-weekly (or whenever I feel like it) round-up of stuff you may or may not care about:


Britney Sucked on HIMYM
- I forgot to remind you yesterday (I feel I have failed you all), but Britney made her guest appearance on How I Met Your Mother last night. She was pretty terrible. Guess the whole "trying not to be a hot tranny mess" thing didn't really work out so well (by-the-way, I am totally jumping on the Christian fun wagon and spreading "hot tranny mess" to the far reaches of the world).






New Counting Crows album out today - I know I am one of a handful of people who still listens to them (and the album is apparently "just okay"), but CC is one of those bands who holds a special place in my heart and I will always check out their new stuff.

George Michael to tour the US (and Canada. Don't forget Canada!)
- The tour starts in San Diego. I don't know anyone who'd go with me, but I'd totally be there if I did.

Jericho Ends Tonight - Despite valiant efforts by it's fans, the Jericho series finale airs tonight. And, yes, I realize Garney and I are the only people who care.

Red Does Not Feel Particularly Funny This Week - Maybe you are saying to yourself, "She's funny ever?" but I'm kinda in a bad mood. Maybe it's the 80 degree San Diego weather? I dunno. Even The Guttenberg couldn't cheer me up last night (by-the-way, Monica Seles and Penn Jillette are totally going home tonight). Hopefully, my weekly dose of David Cook will turn me around.

Or you telling a funny joke or something might help, too.

15 comments:

Nathaniel said...

Well Brittney was barely there but man was Sarah Chalke smoking hot in this episode

Red said...

She totally was. How much you wanna bet she's the "Mother"?

Garney said...

Someone needs a little Antonio BanTuesday....

Liz said...

Sorry you're down Red. Drink some Guinness, always cheers me up.

Falwless said...

Awww, gimme a hug!

I'm sorta blah, too, if it makes you feel any better. Which, really, I have no idea why it would, unless you seem to get some sort of satisfaction from other peoples' dissatisfaction, in which case, eff you, Red, eff you.

Go to hell.

Wow. This took a wrong turn somehow.

Falwless said...

Just kidding about all that.

Some for reals comments:

The Guttenberg. Ya know, I hate to admit it, but I'm kinda liking him. He's so... likeable. He's like a boy in a grown-up body, so happy and sweet and seemingly carefree.

I think it is a good maneuver to spread "hot tranny mess" anywhere and everywhere you can.

I heard about Jericho, and while I didn't watch, I found myself a little sad because I followed the whole fans-sending-peanuts-and-they-caved-and-decided-to-renew saga. I'm sorry.


Also a question--did you happen to catch Miss Guided last week? They aired two premiere episodes back to back. It's a new sitcom produced by Ashton Kutcher. Anyway, long story short, it's FUNNY! I really quite enjoyed it! Chris Parnell is hilarious as Vice Principal, and the star, Judy Greer is pretty talented. Now, watch me tune in this week and completely change my mind, but for right now I'm recommending it. Thursdays on ABC at 8:00 & 8:30. So it is and so shall it be forever. Amen. Goodbye.

Red said...

Sorry you are blah, too, Fal. Another symptom of our sameness.

However, I tried to watch Miss Guided (I love Judy Greer), but didn't love the show. I know! I'm sorry! Maybe I'll give it another try just for you...

Garney said...

Miss Guided is not funny.

Garney said...

except in the "funny how this crap can get picked up simply because Ashton Kutcher's name is attached when I'm sure there are dozens of rejected pilots that are way better"

I watched the "sneak preview" on Tuesday and the first of the two episodes that aired on Thursday... I don't remember laughing during either.

Parnell and Greer do what they can with what they're given, but there's not much you can do with bad writing.

Falwless said...

Apparently I am wrong. Or, you all have poor judgment. Since the former has never been known to occur, I'm going with the latter.

Sucks for you.

Garney said...

I still say that anyone who's been told that Miss Guided is funny has been misinformed, and watching it is a mistake.

Sorry... maybe we can chalk it all up to a simple misunderstanding.

Red said...

Comment war! Comment war!

Red said...

Antonio BanTuesday did the trick! Thanks G :)

Garney said...

Turn that bad day aroun'...

Nathaniel said...

So Rolling Stone called the new Counting Crows album the best in 10 yrs. I feel like an ass buying CC records for the past 10 yrs.